Our 5th Annual Corporate Breakfast took place on Friday 31 August 2018 at the Hilton Hotel in Sandton.
The breakfast brings together Corporate SA, industry experts and NGOs from all over the country to work together to address the issue of higher education and employment for our youth.
“Why Corporates should still support Higher Education” was this year’s topic. Our impressive panelists included:
- Kgwaridi Buti Manamela – Deputy Minister for Higher Education and Training
- Gill Marcus – Former Governor of the SARB, currently the Executive Director of Knysna Initiative for Learning and Teaching.
- Maryana Iskander – CEO of Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator
- Professor Tawana Kupe – Acting Vice-Chancellor and Principle of the University of the Witwatersrand
- Herman Warren – the Economist Corporate Networks’ Network Director for Africa
- Tshibvumo Sikhwivhilu – Director and CEO at Lamo Solar
- Dr Martin Moshal – Successful entrepreneur, philanthropist and Founder of the Moshal Scholarship Program
Michaela Voller from Dimension Data (one of the Scholarships Corporate Partners) gave a profound presentation on what Corporates look for in terms of talent acquisition today and into the future.
Finally, we were privileged to have Qhama Sinandile, a current Moshal Scholar, as well as Siphamandla Mpanza, a Moshal Alumnus share their stories with us. A touching moment for all as both speeches gave testament to the resilience of our Moshal Scholars.
There are a number of ways for you to partner with us:
- Offer vac work to our senior students (1 day, 1 week – the possibilities are endless)
- Consider our graduates for employment
- Provide career mentorship for our forthcoming graduates or new alumni
- Create opportunities for internships or work shadowing
- Participate in our panel of young professionals
- Provide speakers and trainers for our students on relevant work place topics
- Conduct mock interviews on our forthcoming graduates
- Let us know what degrees and faculties are required in your industry
- Assist us in our selection process by helping to interview candidates
- Provide tutors for our scholars who may need extra help in degrees such as Actuarial and Accounting Science
- Share your office space for us to hold occasional workshops and meetings
- Any other activities that would be “win-win” for both organisations
Any corporates looking to attend next year’s Breakfast or partner with the Moshal Scholarship Program can email Jodi Bailey – CM@Moshalscholarship.org